Just in case you were looking for something to do this weekend, the Braves are at home through Sunday! As you can see below, each game presents a new batch of fun incentives for fans such as fundraising, haircuts, mobile app giveaways, and more. Just read below!
Miami Marlins vs. Atlanta Braves (August 9 – August 11)
Friday, August 9 at 7:35 p.m. vs. Miami Marlins
- Braves Strike Out Hunger Fridays Presented by Kroger: The Braves will host a food drive prior to every Friday home game during the 2013 season to benefit the Atlanta Community Food Bank. Fans can donate 20 cans of food or $20 at the Strike Out Hunger Tent and receive an autograph from a Braves pitcher. Limit of one signature per donation. On Friday, August 9, fans will have the opportunity to get an autograph from Braves pitcher Julio Teheran in Monument Grove from 6:35 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. For a list of items needed and future food drive collection dates, visit braves.com/hunger
- Friday Night Rising Stars Series: The Atlanta Braves Friday Night Rising Stars Series provides an opportunity for up-and-coming bands ready to rock and entertain thousands of fans at Turner Field, a stage to perform prior to select home games as well as post-game during the 2013 season. On August 9, Rosco Bandana will perform for fans.
- Sport Clips’ “Chop”: Every Friday home game during the 2013 season, Sport Clips Haircuts is cutting hair for charity. Sport Clips stylist will give haircuts to fans at Top of the Chop for a $5 minimum donation to the Atlanta Braves Foundation. Enjoy a Braves game view from the Top of the Chop and a Sport Clips haircut while making a difference in our community. Sport Clips.
- At Grady Night at Turner Field: Grady Health System will celebrate the outstanding work of the staff, nurses and physicians who make Grady a leading provider of Level 1 Trauma, Burn, Stroke and Primary Care.
- The Ballpark App Check-In Offers: iPhone and Android users can connect with the Braves for free by downloading the At The Ballpark app! Fans that check-in at the game they attend using the app will have the opportunity to unlock some great prizes. One winner will unlock the opportunity to watch fireworks from the field for themselves and three guests.
- Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Georgia Lottery: Enjoy the Braves game and a spectacular fireworks show set to music following every Braves Friday home game.
Saturday, August 10 at 7:10 p.m. vs. Miami Marlins
- Ultimate Kids Day: Celebrate the last days of summer at Ultimate Kids Day at Turner Field! Festivities include a pregame parade, free games in Scout’s Alley and Fan Plaza, free Braves Museum admission, live music in Fan Plaza and more!
- Live Music in the Plaza: Fans will enjoy live music in Fan Plaza as Braves Band of the Year contestant, Neil Cribbs and the Rough Gentlemen, will perform.
- At The Ballpark App Check-In Offers: iPhone and Android users can connect with the Braves for free by downloading the At The Ballpark app! Fans that check-in at the game they attend using the app will have the opportunity to unlock some great prizes. One winner will unlock the 2013 bobblehead set including Freddie Freeman, B.J. Upton and Dale Murphy.
- State Farm “Pitch In” Award: The Atlanta Braves and State Farm will recognize The Miracle League, a non-profit organization committed to improving the lives of community members, during a special on-field presentation. The Miracle League was founded in Rockdale County, just east of Turner Field, to allow children with special needs the opportunity to participate in America’s favorite pastime. Today there are 250 Miracle League Organizations across the country including Puerto Rico, Canada and Australia. For more information on The Miracle League, please visitwww.miracleleague.com
Sunday, August 11 at 1:35 p.m. vs. Miami Marlins
- Spirit of ’45 Day Hometown Heroes: The Braves will celebrate the Spirit of ’45 Day by honoring twin brothers, Hilbert and Howard Margol, who fought together in WWII and helped liberate Dachau concentration camp as the Braves’ Hometown Heroes. Team President John Schuerholz will accept the Spirit of ’45 Leadership Award on behalf of the Atlanta Braves, in honor of the Club’s outstanding contribution to the Spirit of ’45 Campaign.
- Alumni Sunday: Braves alumni Sid Bream and Tony Brizzolara will greet fans and sign autographs pregame in Fan Plaza.
- UMPS CARE Charities: UMPS CARE Charities provide financial, in-kind and emotional support for America’s youth and families in need. The Umpires from UMPIRES CARE Charities will meet and take photos with families before the game.
- Kids Run The Bases: Presented by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, we invite all kids 14 and under to run the bases after every regular season Sunday home game. Just meet at the Hank Aaron ramp at aisle 129 on the Field Level.
- At The Ballpark App Check-In Offers: iPhone and Android users can connect with the Braves for free by downloading the At The Ballpark app! Fans that check-in at the game they attend using the app will have the opportunity to unlock some great prizes. One winner will unlock two H&F Burger vouchers.