Atlanta United returns to action Saturday night against Orlando City SC at Exploria Stadium. The match will be nationally televised on FOX and FOX Deportes at 8 p.m. ET and transmitted on Sports Radio 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
- Atlanta holds a 7-1-2 all-time record against Orlando in MLS (6-1-2) and U.S. Open Cup (1-0-0) play and has outscored the Lions 18-9.
- Orlando won the most recent meeting 3-1 on Saturday, Aug. 29 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- Atlanta is 5-0-0 all-time at Orlando (4-0-0 in MLS, 1-0-0 in U.S. Open Cup).
- Atlanta begins a three-game road trip on Saturday followed by visits to Miami on Sept. 9 and Nashville on Sept. 12. Since joining the league in 2017, no team has picked up more road wins in MLS regular season play than Atlanta with 21. The club won its only road match of 2020 so far against Nashville SC.
- Brad Guzan recorded his second clean sheet in the team’s past three matches against Inter Miami CF. It was his 38th MLS clean sheet with Atlanta, which is tied for the league lead since the start of 2017 (MLS Regular Season and Playoffs).
- Orlando is coming off a 1-1 draw against Nashville SC on Sept. 2 at Nissan Stadium with Homegrown forward Benji Michel scoring his first goal of the season.
Everyone is interested in seeing the starting XI for tomorrow’s match, now that the departure of Pity Martinez has been confirmed and rumors have begun to swirl about Ezequiel Barco.
Atlanta will look to exact sweet revenge after their handy defeat at home last weekend. Tomorrow’s match information is below:
Saturday, Sept. 5 | Exploria Stadium, Orlando, FL|8 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (3-4-1, 10 points) vs. Orlando City SC (4-2-3, 15 points)
TV | FOX/FOX Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor