Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday when it hosts New York City FC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by Georgia Lottery, is set to kick-off at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be regionally broadcast on Bally Sports South.
- Atlanta owns an all-time record of 4-3-2 against New York City: 3-0-1 at home and 1-3-1 on the road in the series. This will be the second and final between the teams during the regular season after a 1-0 New York City win at Red Bull Arena on June 23.
- Atlanta sits in fifth place in the Eastern Conference standings on 42 points and is coming off a 2-0 win at Toronto on Saturday. Luiz Araújo scored his second goal of the season and Marcelino Moreno added his eighth in Atlanta’s first win at BMO Field.
- Moreno’s eight goals and five assists both rank second on the team.
- Atlanta recorded its ninth clean sheet of the season against Toronto. Brad Guzan ranks fifth in MLS in save percentage at 75.73 %.
- NYCFC currently sits in eighth place in the Eastern Conference standings on 40 points and is coming off a 1-0 loss to New York Red Bulls on Sunday. New York City is 3-8-4 on the road this season.
Wednesday, Oct. 20 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Ga. | 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (11-9-9, 42 points) vs. New York City FC (11-11-7, 40 points)
TV | Bally Sports South
Mike Conti (play-by-play) will make his Atlanta United television debut, filling in for Kevin Egan and will be joined by Maurice Edu (analyst) and Jillian Sakovits (sideline/host). Coverage from Mercedes-Benz Stadium is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m. with Atlanta United Live!
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor