We’re getting close golf fans! It’s almost time for the 2014 Greater Gwinnett Championship at TPC Sugarloaf😀 This year’s tourney will take place from April 14th to April 20th. We have lots to update you on:
- Mark O’Meara and Tom Kite will play in the 2nd Annual Greater Gwinnett Championship.
- Miguel Angel Jimenez, who ranks 41st in the Official World Golf Rankings, will make his Champions Tour debut.
- Kenny Perry, who won the 2013 Charles Schwab Cup, has committed to play.
- Executive Women’s Day. Taking place on Monday, April 14th, attendees will have the opportunity to learn from the business and career experiences of some of the most prominent women leaders throughout the metro-Atlanta community. Topics will include corporate leadership, career growth, economic advancement, and network expansion. The day-long event begins with a speaker panel sponsored by Georgia United Credit Union. Panelists include such prominent local and national businesswomen as Melinda Ashcraft, (retired) President of Six Flags Entertainment; Lee Birdsong, Director Digital Media at Southern Company; Marci Fair, Owner Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners, Founder Kares 4 Kids, Best Selling Author and Mompreneur; Shaunti Feldhahn, Social Researcher and Best Selling Author; and Debbie Smith, President/Chief Executive Officer of Georgia United Credit Union. The panel will be moderated by television journalist Jovita Moore, News Anchor for Channel 2 Action News. During lunch guests will hear from a keynote speaker, Debra Smithart-Oglesby, Chairman of the Board for Denny’s, Inc.
- The Matt Ryan Celebrity-Am Classic will be the kick-off event to the Greater Gwinnett Championship on Monday April 14th and this year it will open to the public for free. He will be joined by Falcons teammates, current and retired ATL sports legends, and scheduled appearances for Warrick Dunn and Chipper Jones.
- Just recently Nick Price, Ben Crenshaw, Colin Montgomerie, Kenny Perry, and Peter Jacobsen have committed to play in this year’s tournament.
This 54-hole stroke play tournament will feature 81 Champions Tour professionals competing for a $1.8 million purse at the prestigious TPC Sugarloaf. All three rounds of the Greater Gwinnett Championship will be televised nationally by Golf Channel and proceeds from the event will benefit local charities through the Gwinnett Championship Foundation, Inc.
Tickets start at $20 for a day pass, there’s free admission for military, and children 16 years old and under are free with a ticketed adult (1 child per ticket holder). So even if you wanted to experience the tournament for a day, 2 parents with 2 kids under 16 years old could go for $40 and enjoy an entire day of golf! Now that’s a deal😉 Click here for tickets GGC
We look forward to seeing you there!