Wildwood Revival expands to a two-day festival on August 29-30 featuring American Aquarium, Lindi Ortega, Water Liars, Tall Tall Trees, Christopher Paul Stelling, The Blackfoot Gypsies, Kelsey Waldon, Woody Pines, The Defibulators, Strung Like A Horse, Joe Fletcher and the Wrong Reasons, Ramsay Midwood, and Athens locals Cicada Rhythm and The Darnell Boys.
Wildwood Revival is an intimate, thoughtfully curated boutique festival tailored towards a truly unique music and cultural experience for all, located just on the outskirts of Athens, Georgia on a historic 30-acre farm. It’s a little bit country, a little bit rock n’ roll, and everything in between. This event combines the soul of a juke joint, the wild spirit of a honky tonk, and the camaraderie of a supper club. The artisan market features vintage clothing, printmakers, wood workers, 1800s era tintype photography, leather makers, handmade crafts and more. It’s a cultural Revival; what’s old is new again. Get out of the city and come join in.
The festival puts an emphasis on pulling in local and regional businesses from throughout the Southeast. Vendors include eclectic, handmade jewelry by Fossil + Hide, vintage clothing by Gunstreet Goods, handmade leather products by In Blue Handmade, letterpress paper goods from Cotton + Pine, a 1968 Shasta Camper-turned-photobooth by BOHObooth, handmade and custom-fit hats from Havstad Hats, and nostalgic, vintage t-shirts from Bandit Brand.
At Wildwood Revival, everything is about the experience. Its aim is to make everyone feel like they’re getting VIP treatment. Guests come to get off the grid and enjoy authentic music in an open-air barn and share a meal with friends, then sit by a bonfire for a fireside sing-along and camp under the stars.
It’s quite unlike many festival experiences where attendees are milked mercilessly by paying for $8 beers and $15 meals after standing in prohibitively long lines, crammed in amongst thousands of people herded from one generic stage to another past corporate advertisements and surrounded everywhere by trash, plastic bottles and greasy styrofoam.
Guests of Wildwood Revival can expect:
• Two full days of live music with an artist lineup comprised of both familiar favorites as well as new musical discoveries
• A dance party to remember. Saturday evening wraps up with what GQ Magazine calls “The Most Stylish Party in America.” The fellas from ELECTRIC WESTERN present their wildly successful rock and soul dance party, spinning a hand-selected mix of the most danceable popular and obscure 50’s and 60’s Rock and Roll, Soul, Doo Wop, Garage Rock and more. Electric Western is not your typical DJ collective. Jacob Jones and Reno Bo have been throwing “Dance Parties” every Monday in East Nashville’s happening Five Points neighborhood for the last six years now. They’ve since expanded their parties to Atlanta once a month with over 750 attendees, and even went on tour recently as the opening act for Sturgill Simpson.
• A Sunday morning gospel brunch where campers and returning guests enjoy a variety of artists acoustic renditions of old gospel tunes, a bloody mary bar sponsored by Cathead Vodka and a full breakfast menu to include breakfast tacos and a build-your-own biscuit bar featuring Buttermilk Biscuits, Southern White Milk Gravy, “Put Up” Homemade Jams, Butter, Peach Butter, Honey, Smoked Apple Sausage Links, Coca-Cola Glazed Country Ham, and Buttermilk Fried Chicken.
• Following the gospel brunch, there will be a shaded yoga session and wiffle ball game in the field before music begins at noon.
• An aesthetically beautiful, unique location set amongst a serene, country background. The estate is shaded by many pecan trees and the music takes place in a covered open-air barn.
• Free filtered water
• Beverages served in mason jars, creating a plastic-free event
• $4 craft beer from Terrapin Beer Co.
• A variety of meals comprised of fresh, locally grown food priced similar to neighborhood restaurants and served on compostable plates. Food vendors thus far include Athens’ own Heirloom Café, A Divine Event Catering and Hip Pops gourmet handmade popsicles. Food truck vendors to be announced soon.
• Camping in the picturesque, rolling countryside by teepee, tent or trailer.
• Sunday morning yoga session to stretch and energize before another music-filled day
• Limited number of tickets available in order to provide an ideal, intimate environment
Tickets may be purchased at www.wildwoodrevival.com for $38.