Peachtree Center, Downtown Atlanta’s iconic mixed-use development, will welcome the popular Peachtree Center Green Market for its seventh season starting on Thursday, April 6 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The market will continue each Thursday through October and offer a unique lunchtime experience for those who work, shop and visit in Downtown Atlanta.
“The Peachtree Center Green Market brings the Downtown community together and provides a sought-after amenity for our office tenants,” said Leslie Bland, director of marketing at Peachtree Center. “We invite Downtown’s visitors, workers, and students to join us each Thursday to stock up on fresh produce, homemade baked goods, and other local goodies to enjoy at lunch or take home and share. Peachtree Center represents the heart and soul of Downtown Atlanta, and the Green Market is a major aspect of that.”
This mid-day market, located in the courtyard facing Peachtree Street, features over a dozen vendors selling local goods from produce to bread to juice to prepared lunch items. Pearson Farms, Bamboo Juice, and Cosmos Organic Farm are returning for 2017, and exciting new vendors this year include Island Spiced Bakes and Bites and Mad Mama Gourmet. In addition to the all-star vendor list, the Peachtree Center Green Market will present live music from local musicians each week.
This local market is unique because it occurs on a weekday during lunch time, allowing tens of thousands of Downtown workers to have access to fresh, healthy food and experience a welcome mid-day break in an urban oasis, all without getting in a vehicle. For those outside of Downtown, the market is easily accessible by MARTA, bike or car.
“In the heart of Downtown’s cosmopolitan business district, the Peachtree Center Green Market is rooted in the local. From handmade and homegrown products to live music and fresh glasses of lemonade, the charm of this big city market is irresistible,” said Wilma Sothern, vice president of marketing at Central Atlanta Progress. “The Green Market is truly a treat for the Downtown community, and we look forward to it every year.”
A complete list of this year’s vendors is below:
- Baker Dudes Cupcakes: Fresh-baked cupcakes with unique flavors and options for vegan, paleo, and gluten-free diets.
- Bamboo Juice: Organic, non-GMO, cold-pressed juice.
- Bee Wild Honey: Local raw honey and honey-based products.
- Bernhard’s German Bakery: Local fresh-baked bread, bagels, pastries, and other treats.
- Bogey’s Beef Jerky: Local beef jerky.
- Boston Brittle Company: Gourmet, corn syrup free brittles.
- Burge Organic Farm: Organically grown farm fresh fruits and seasonal vegetables.
- Cosmos Organic Farm: A diverse array of seasonal vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, and flowers, all locally and organically grown.
- FarmHouse Poundcake: Gourmet poundcake with dairy-free, sugar-free and gluten-free options.
- Georgia Popcorn Company: Freshly popped, non-GMO popcorn and lemonade.
- Island Spiced Bakes and Bites: Caribbean inspired sweet and savory treats.
- Joaney’s Natural Drinks: All natural homemade sodas and juices with no preservatives.
- Just Add Honey: Natural and artisan full-leaf teas and tea accessories.
- King of Pops: All natural popsicles.
- Lumeria: All natural soaps, deodorant, and moisturizers that contain no parabens and no animal testing.
- Mad Mama Gourmet: Fresh, all natural homemade soups.
- Not So Urban Coffee: All natural cold pressed coffee and whole beans.
- Pearson Farms: Peaches, pecans, pecan oils, strawberries (mid-April), Georgia shrimp (mid-April), and Georgia apples (late August).
- RawDried: Homemade dried fruit.
. Sweet Auburn Bread: Local, small-batch seasonal ingredient muffins, cookies, brownies, loaf breads, pies, cobblers, cheesecakes, biscuits, yeast breads and cinnamon rolls, jams, preserves, butter, jellies, and syrups.
- The Southern Candy Company: Homemade candies and chocolates.
- Stoneridge Foods: Gourmet cookies, sandwich crèmes, stuffed cookies, seasonally made cakes, seasoned cracker mixes and dipping blends, sea salt blends, pepperoni rolls, vanilla infusion kits, and hot chocolate kits (fall).
- Pure Bliss Organics: Gourmet organic granola.
- Suja Juice: Organic, non-GMO cold-pressed juice.
- Sweet Sassy Molassey Bakeshop: Traditional baked goods made with healthier ingredients.
For more information on happenings at Peachtree Center, visit facebook.com/peachtreecenter.