In celebration of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra’s (ASO) 75th Anniversary Season, the Orchestra will hit the road for the Around the A series, presented by PNC Bank. All Around the A events will be free and will feature performances from ASO musicians in full orchestra or chamber ensembles, and from members of the Talent Development Program and the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra.
“Atlanta has a thriving arts community and PNC is committed to making our outstanding cultural arts programs more accessible to a broader audience,” said Eddie Meyers, PNC regional president for Greater Georgia. “With the launch of this series, ASO has given us a great opportunity to introduce fans and new audiences alike to a more engaging and intimate way to experience classical entertainment.”
ASO and PNC Bank will launch Around the A at 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019, with a free performance in Centennial Olympic Park, with additional support provided by the Georgia World Congress Center. Additional Around the A events include a Live Stream of the Opening Weekend Concert featuring superstar violinist, Joshua Bell on Sept. 21, 8:00pm, Avondale Arts Walk Oct. 12, the Talent Development Program at Friendship Baptist Church Oct. 13 and the Atlanta History Center Oct. 27. Follow along for more event announcements on social media and online at aso.org/aroundthea.
“In addition to the major artistic achievements of our 75th season, we look forward to connecting with the metro-Atlanta community on a deeper level. This season is both a celebration of our rich history and a time to look to the future,” said Jennifer Barlament, ASO executive director. “Thanks to PNC’s generous support, we are thrilled to start our next 75 years with this wonderful opportunity to share the power and joy of live orchestral music with even more Atlantans than ever before.”
Admission is free for all events, but RSVP is required for some events. More information is available at aso.org/aroundthea.
Important Sept. 25 Concert Information
• Seating with a direct view of the stage is not guaranteed. Patrons are encouraged to arrive early, as seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
• There is paid parking at the Georgia World Congress Center, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park. Patrons are encouraged to ride MARTA (Peachtree Center Station), walk, bike or take Lyft, the Woodruff Arts Center’s Official ride share partner.
• Patrons may bring outside food and beverages into the concert area; however, grills, glass containers and outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
• Food truck vendors will be on site, and beer, wine and cocktails will be available for purchase.
• Pets are not permitted at this event.
• In case of inclement weather, check aso.org and ASO social media channels for updates.
Additional Sept. 25 Program Information
Around the A: Centennial Olympic Park
Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Stephen Mulligan, conductor
Jennifer Cherest, soprano
MENDELSSOHN: Overture to A Midsummer Night’s Dream
BARTOK: Romanian Folk Dances
VERDI: Rigoletto – “Caro nome”
MOZART: The Marriage of Figaro –“Deh vieni, non tardar”
ROSSINI: The Barber of Seville –“Una voce poco fa”
HAYDN: Symphony No. 104