Atlanta United returns to action Thursday morning against FC Cincinnati at Orlando’s ESPN Wide World of Sports complex in the club’s second match of Group E play in the MLS is Back Tournament. The match will be nationally televised on ESPN/Deportes at 9 a.m. ET and transmitted on Sports Radio 92.9 The Game.
- Atlanta defeated FC Cincinnati 2-1 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in the last meeting between the clubs on March 7 with goals from Emerson Hyndman and Ezequiel Barco. Yuya Kubo scored for FC Cincinnati.
- Atlanta holds an all-time record of 2-0-1 against FC Cincinnati and has outscored the club 5-2.
- Frank de Boer will coach against his former Dutch National Team teammate Jaap Stam, who will manage his second game for FC Cincinnati.
- Pity Martínez created a team-high four chances in Atlanta’s opening match against New York Red Bulls. The Argentine leads Atlanta and ranks ninth in MLS with seven chances created this season.
- Atlanta ranks third in MLS this season in possession (60.49 percent), trailing San Jose Earthquakes (62.46) and Los Angeles FC (61.52)
- Atlanta will play its final match in Group E against Columbus Crew SC on Tuesday, July 21 (8 p.m. EST, TUDN).
Thursday, July 16 | ESPN Wide World of Sports, Orlando, FL|9 a.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (2-1-0, 6 points) vs. FC Cincinnati (0-3-0, 0 points)
TV | ESPN/Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game