Atlanta United returns to action Saturday night against Nashville SC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by Mercedes-Benz, will be televised on FOX Sports South at 7 p.m. ETand transmitted on Sports Radio 92.9 The Game.
- Atlanta won the first ever meeting between the clubs 2-1 on Feb. 29 at Nissan Stadium in Nashville SC’s inaugural MLS match with goals from Ezequiel Barco and Emerson Hyndman.
- Since joining MLS in 2017, Atlanta holds a 4-1-1 record against expansion sides, outscoring their opponents 19-5.
- The last time Atlanta played at Mercedes-Benz Stadium was March 7, a 2-1 win against FC Cincinnati, as Barco and Hyndman each scored their second goals of the season.
- Atlanta enters the match ranked second in MLS in team passing accuracy at 85.29 percent, while Barco and Hyndman rank third and 10th, respectively, in passing accuracy in the attacking half (min. 100 passes) at 89.52 percent and 86.67 percent.
- Atlanta interim head coach Stephen Glass will manage his first MLS match against Nashville SC’s Gary Smith, whose all-time record in MLS is 40-33-36 for a win percentage of .532
- Nashville SC completed its two-game series with FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium with a 0-0 draw on Aug. 17 after a 1-0 victory behind a late goal from David Accam on Aug. 12, the club’s first MLS win.
Saturday, Aug. 22 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA|7 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (2-3-0, 6 points) vs. Nashville SC (1-2-1, 4 points)
TV | FOX Sports South
English Radio | 92.9 The Game