Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday night against expansion side Inter Miami CF at Mercedes-Benz Stadium for the first ever meeting between the clubs. The match will be nationally televised on FS1 at 7 p.m. ET and transmitted on Sports Radio 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
- Since joining MLS in 2017, Atlanta holds a 5-1-1 record against expansion sides, outscoring their opponents 21-5.
- Ezequiel Barco, Emerson Hyndman and Pity Martínez are tied for the team-lead with two goals and Barco and Martínez lead Atlanta with two assists.
- Atlanta enters the match ranked second in MLS in team passing accuracy at 85.37 percent and second in duel success rate at 53.94 percent.
- Jurgen Damm made his Atlanta United debut coming on as a substitute against Orlando City SC and recorded an assist. Damm became the sixth player in club history to record a goal or assist in his MLS regular season debut, joining Eric Torres who did so against Nashville.
- Barco and Martínez are tied for second in MLS in fouls won (23), trailing only Inter Miami CF’s Rodolfo Pizarro (25).
- Interim head coach Stephen Glass is 1-1-0 in MLS and will face former Monterrey manager Diego Alonso for the first time on Wednesday, who is 1-6-0 in his first MLS season with Inter Miami CF.
- Inter Miami CF is coming off a 1-0 loss at Nashville Sunday night. All six of Miami’s losses this season have been by one goal. Previously, Miami won its first match in club history with a 3-2 win against Orlando City SC on Aug. 22.
- Mexican international Rodolfo Pizarro leads the team with three goals while Matias Pellegrini, Victor Ulloa and Lewis Morgan are tied for the team-lead with two assists.
Wednesday, Sept. 2 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA|7 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (3-4-0, 9 points) vs. Inter Miami CF (1-6-0, 3 points)
TV | FS1
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor