Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday night against expansion side Inter Miami CF at Inter Miami CF Stadium in Fort Lauderdale for the second meeting between the clubs. The match will be televised on FOX Sports South at 8 p.m. ET and transmitted on Sports Radio 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
- Since joining MLS in 2017, Atlanta holds a 5-1-2 record against expansion sides, outscoring their opponents 21-5.
- Atlanta and Inter Miami CF drew their first meeting 0-0 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Sept. 2.
- Atlanta is coming off a 1-1 draw at Orlando City SC on Sept. 5. Adam Jahn scored his first goal with the club to even the match in stoppage time. It was the 24th stoppage time goal in Atlanta United history and the first in 2020.
- Jahn’s total of three headers on target this season ranks him tied for second in MLS.
- Atlanta has conceded nine goals in MLS play, which is tied for fourth fewest.
- Inter Miami CF is coming off back-to-back 0-0 draws, most recently at home against Nashville SC on Sept. 6 in a match that saw French international Blaise Matuidi make his MLS debut.
- The match features the league’s two most fouled teams in addition to its two most fouled players in Ezequiel Barco (34) and Rodolfo Pizarro (31).
Wednesday, Sept. 9 | Inter Miami CF Stadium, Ft. Lauderdale, FL|8 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (3-4-2, 11 points) vs. Inter Miami CF (1-6-2, 5 points)
TV | FOX Sports South
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor