Atlanta United returns to action Sunday as it travels to face Columbus Crew SC at MAPFRE Stadium as part of MLS’ Decision Day presented by AT&T. All Eastern Conference matches will start at 3:30 p.m. ET and Atlanta’s match will be televised on FOX Sports Southeast and transmitted on Star 94.1 and La Mejor.
- Atlanta holds an all-time record of 4-3-0 against Columbus in regular season play and a 2-1-0 record at MAPFRE Stadium. This will be the second match between the teams in 2020 with Columbus earning a 1-0 victory on July 21 at the MLS is Back Tournament.
- Atlanta enters Decision Day in 11th place in the Eastern Conference standings with 22 points, one point below Chicago Fire FC for the final playoff spot as the club is looking to qualify for playoffs for the fourth consecutive season.
- Columbus is coming off a 2-1 loss on the road at Orlando City SC on Wednesday night, officially knocking Crew SC out of the Supporters’ Shield race. Columbus enters Sunday in fourth place in the Eastern Conference standings and will be looking to clinch a top-four seed and home field advantage in its first postseason match.
- Jurgen Damm recorded his team-leading fourth assist in Atlanta’s 2-0 win against FC Cincinnati. The four assists have come in only 559 minutes played, which ranks the Mexican winger third in MLS at .64 assists/90 minutes (minimum 500 minutes played).
- Brooks Lennon ranks first in MLS in open crossing accuracy at 29.59 % (minimum 50 crosses).
Sunday, Nov. 8 | MAPFRE Stadium, Columbus, OH | 3:30 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (6-12-4, 22 points) vs. Columbus Crew SC (11-6-5, 38 points)
TV | FOX Sports Southeast
English Radio | Star 94.1
Spanish Radio | La Mejor