Atlanta United will face Club América Wednesday night at Exploria Stadium in the second leg of the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals. The match is set to kick-off at 8 p.m. ET and will be nationally broadcast on FS2 and TUDN in the United States.
- Atlanta trails Club América 3-0 after the first leg, which was played at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City on March 11.
- Atlanta is 1-1-0 against Club América, defeating Las Águilas in the 2019 Campeones Cup 3-2 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Atlanta is 2-2-0 all-time against Liga MX teams. The club defeated Monterrey in the second leg of the 2019 SCCL Quarterfinals but lost the tie 3-1 on aggregate to the eventual champions. Atlanta is 3-3-1 all-time in CCL play.
- Club América finished third in the Torneo Guardianes 2020 regular season and is coming off a quarterfinal exit in the playoffs of the competition, losing 3-1 to Guadalajara on aggregate.
- Las Águilas have won a record 13 Liga MX titles and a record seven CCL titles, having last won the CCL in 2016.
- Atlanta defeated FC Motagua 4-1 on aggregate in the Round of 16 with two goals each from Josef Martinez and Pity Martínez to advance to the quarterfinals for the second consecutive year.
- Four Atlanta Untied 2 players have signed Short Term Agreements and will be available in the competition: Erik Lopez, Phillip Goodrum, Jack Gurr and Ben Lundgaard.
Wednesday, Dec. 16 | Exploria Stadium, Orlando, FL | 8 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (0) vs. Club América (3)
TV | FS2, TUDN in U.S.