Atlanta United returns to action Saturday against Chicago Fire FC in the club’s Major League Soccer home opener at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by Mercedes-Benz, is set to kick-off at 8 p.m. ET and will be regionally broadcast on Bally Sports South.
- Atlanta owns an all-time record of 4-3-0 against Chicago in MLS play. Atlanta is 3-0-0 at home in the series, outscoring Fire FC 8-1 in those matches. This is the first of two meetings between the clubs in 2021 with the second coming at Chicago on Saturday, July 3 (8 p.m., Bally Sports South).
- Atlanta opened its MLS campaign with a 0-0 draw at Orlando City SC, the third consecutive clean sheet for the team to start the season and the 62nd of Brad Guzan’s MLS career. Homegrown Machop Chol made his professional debut while Santiago Sosa, Lisandro Lopez and Franco Ibarra all made their MLS debuts for Atlanta.
- Atlanta had the second-highest passing accuracy in MLS in Week 1 with 88.2%, trailing only the LA Galaxy with 90.98%.
- Brooks Lennon delivered 10 crosses/corners in the season opener and ranks third in that category in MLS.
- Chicago is coming off a 2-2 draw against New England Revolution at Soldier Field with goals from Robert Beric and Luka Stojanovic
- Atlanta will host the first leg of its Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League quarterfinals matchup against Philadelphia Union on Tuesday, April 27 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium before traveling to Subaru Park for the return leg on Tuesday, May 4.
Saturday, April 24 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA | 8 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (0-0-1, 1 point) vs. Chicago Fire FC (0-0-1, 1 point)
TV | Bally Sports South
English Radio | Sports Radio 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor