Atlanta United returns to action Tuesday night when it hosts Philadelphia Union in the first leg of the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League quarterfinals. The match is set to kick-off at 8 p.m. ET from Mercedes-Benz Stadium and will be nationally broadcast on FS1 and TUDN in the United States.
- Atlanta owns an all-time record of 6-3-1 in SCCL play; 5-0-0 at home or neutral venues and 1-3-1 on the road.
- Atlanta is the only club to have reached the quarterfinals of the tournament each of the past three seasons. Atlanta’s three consecutive appearances in the tournament is tied for the third-longest run for MLS clubs since 2008-09, trailing Toronto FC and LA Galaxy (four).
- Atlanta defeated LD Alajuelense 1-0 in the first leg of its Round of 16 matchup on April 6 at Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto in Costa Rica to claim the club’s first away win in SCCL. Atlanta then won the return leg 1-0 at Fifth Third Bank Stadium to advance 2-0 on aggregate.
- Atlanta is 4-1-2 all-time against Philadelphia Union, including six MLS regular season meetings and a 2-0 victory in the most recent matchup in the 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs.
- Josef Martinez leads the team with seven career goals against Philadelphia, tied for the most goals he has scored against any opponent with Orlando. Martinez leads Atlanta with five career SCCL goals and ranks second with two assists.
- Ezequiel Barco leads the team with three career SCCL assists. The Argentine scored his 11th career MLS goal in Saturday’s win against Chicago Fire FC and leads the team with two goals in 2021.
- Philadelphia advanced past Deportivo Saprissa 5-0 on aggregate in the Round of 16. The Union will host the return leg of the quarterfinals on Tuesday, May 4 at Subaru Park (8 p.m., FS1, TUDN).
Tuesday, April 27 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA | 8 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (1-0-1, 4 points) vs. Philadelphia Union (0-1-1, 1 point)
BROADCAST SCHEDULE TV: FS1, TUDN