Atlanta United returns to action Saturday when it travels to face Chicago Fire FC at Soldier Field. The match is set to kick-off at 8 p.m. ET and will be regionally broadcast on Bally Sports South.
- Atlanta owns an all-time record of 5-3-0 against Chicago Fire in MLS, 4-0-0 at home, 1-3-0 on the road in the series. This will be the second and final meeting between the teams this regular season after Atlanta won the first matchup 3-1 on April 24 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- Atlanta is coming off a 0-0 draw at home against New York Red Bulls. Atlanta kept its third clean sheet of the season and won a club single-game record of 85 duels.
- Atlanta continues to lead MLS in possession with 59.89 % while also leading the league in crosses/corner accuracy at 33.16 %.
- Brooks Lennon created six chances against New York, climbing to second in MLS with 33 chances created this season, trailing only New England’s Carles Gil with 61.
- George Bello, Miles Robinson and Brad Guzan were named to the United States Men’s National Team roster for the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup. Guzan will represent the USMNT at his fourth Gold Cup and won the tournament twice in 2007 and 2017.
- Ezequiel Barco was named to Argentina’s U-23 roster for the Olympic Games in Tokyo.
Saturday, July 3 | Soldier Field, Chicago, IL | 8 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (2-2-6, 12 points) vs. Chicago Fire FC (1-7-2, 5 points)
TV | Bally Sports South
English Radio | Star 94
Spanish Radio | La Mejor