Atlanta United returns to action Saturday when it travels to face D.C. United at Audi Field. The match is set to kick off at 7:30 p.m. EST and will be regionally broadcast on Bally Sports South.
- Atlanta holds a 6-6-0 all-time record against D.C United: 4-1-0 at home and 2-5-0 on the road in the series. This is the first of two meetings between the teams in 2022, as Atlanta hosts D.C. on August 28 (4 p.m. ET, Univision).
- Atlanta is coming off a 3-3 draw at home against Montreal on March 19. Josef Martínez scored his second goal of the season, Thiago Almada scored his first goal for the club and Brooks Lennon scored the first free-kick goal of his career as Atlanta came back from a 3-1 deficit playing with 10 men.
- Atlanta scored three goals from outside the box against Montreal, the first MLS team to do so since Atlanta against Montreal in a 4-1 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on April 28, 2018. The three goals scored from outside the box rank second in MLS this season behind Columbus Crew with four.
- Ronald Hernández, Martínez, Miles Robinson, Caleb Wiley, and Tyler Wolff have returned from international call-ups, as Robinson helped the United States Men’s National Team qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. Hernández and Martínez each started one World Cup Qualifier this window while Wiley and Wolff each played two matches with the U.S. U-20s in Argentina.
- Martínez leads Atlanta with seven careers goals against D.C. United in nine matches.
- D.C. United started the season with a pair of victories against Charlotte FC and FC Cincinnati before dropping its last two matches against Chicago Fire and Toronto FC.
Saturday, April 2 | Audi Field, Washington D.C. | 7:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (2-1-1, 7 points) vs. D.C. United (2-2-0, 6 points)
TV | Bally Sports South
English Radio | Star 94.1
Spanish Radio | La Mejor