Atlanta United returns to action Saturday when it hosts Chicago Fire FC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by Truist, is set to kick off at 6 p.m. EST and will be regionally broadcast on Bally Sports South.
- Atlanta holds a 5-4-0 all-time record against Chicago: 4-0-0 at home and 1-4-0 on the road in the series. This is the first of two meetings between the clubs in 2022 as Atlanta will visit Soldier Field on July 30 (5 p.m. EST, Bally Sports South).
- Atlanta will play four of its next five MLS matches at Mercedes-Benz Stadium where it is unbeaten in its last 11 games dating back to last season.
- Atlanta is coming off a 2-1 defeat to CF Montreal at Stade Saputo on Saturday. Marcelino Moreno scored his second goal of the season and is now tied for the team lead in both goals and assists (two).
- Thiago Almada leads MLS with a 100 % dribble success rate (min. 10 dribbles) entering the weekend.
- Chicago is coming off a 2-1 loss at home against New York Red Bulls on Saturday. Chicago has scored six goals this season, which is tied for the fewest in the league, however, Ezra Hendrickson’s side has allowed only seven goals, tied for the second-fewest in the league. Xherdan Shaqiri and Kacper Przybylko are tied for the team lead with two goals each while Shaqiri has tallied a team-best two assists.
Saturday, May 7 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA | 6 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (3-4-2, 11 points) vs. Chicago Fire FC (2-3-4, 10 points)
TV | Bally Sports South
English Radio | 92.9 The Game, Sirius XM
Spanish Radio | La Mejor