Atlanta United travels to Providence Park in Portland, Oregon to take on Portland Timbers on Sunday. The match is set to kick off at 5:30 p.m. EST and will be nationally broadcast on FOX and FOX Deportes.
- Atlanta holds a 2-0-2 all-time record against the Timbers: 1-0-1 at home and 1-0-1 on the road, out-scoring Portland a combined six goals to two. Atlanta defeated Portland in its last visit to Providence Park, winning 2-0 on Aug. 18, 2019.
- Atlanta fell 4-1 in its last match to Philadelphia Union. Andrew Gutman scored his third goal in the month of August by diving head-first toward a loose ball in the box after an Andre Blake save.
- Gutman and Juanjo Purata are both one goal away from becoming the highest-scoring defender over a single season in Atlanta United history, according to Opta. Both are tied with Franco Escobar, who scored three goals in the 2018 season.
- Over the last five matches, Atlanta has the most total shots (98) and the second-most shots on goal (35) in MLS.
- Portland returns home to Providence Park after a 2-1 road victory against Austin FC. Bill Tuiloma scored the first goal for the Timbers with a header on a set piece. The New Zealander has scored the second-most headed goals in MLS with five, only Brandon Vázquez has scored more (six).
Sunday, Sept. 4 | Providence Park | 5:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (8-11-9, 33 points) vs. Portland Timbers (9-8-12, 39 points)
TV | FOX, FOX Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor