Atlanta United travels to Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida to take on Orlando City SC on Wednesday. The match is set to kick off at 6 p.m. EST and will be regionally broadcast on Bally Sports Southeast.
- Atlanta holds a 7-3-6 all-time record against Orlando: 3-1-4 at home and 4-2-2 on the road, out-scoring Orlando a combined 24 goals to 18. This is the second meeting in 2022 as the two sides drew 1-1 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on July 17.
- Atlanta defeated Toronto FC 4-2 in its last match, thanks to a memorable goal from Thiago Almada and a hat trick from Juanjo Purata. It was a history-making night for Purata, who became both the all-time highest-scoring defender in Atlanta history with six goals in 13 matches and the second full-time defender to record a hat trick in MLS history. Both Almada and Purata were named to the MLS Team of the Week while Almada also took home MLS Goal of the Week honors.
- The midseason addition of Purata has made Atlanta more dangerous on headers. The team now ranks second in MLS in headed goals, trailing only Nashville SC. Atlanta has also greatly improved in aerial duels, winning an MLS seventh-best 51.11 percent of aerial duels.
- Sitting on 11 assists, Almada is only the fifth Atlanta United player to log double-digit assists in a single season. The Argentinian has his eyes set on the single-season record of 14 held by Miguel Almirón and Julian Gressel.
- Orlando defeated Sacramento Republic FC 3-0 last week in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Final to capture the first trophy in its MLS history. Later that week, the Lions were beaten 5-1 at Supporters’ Shield leaders Philadelphia Union.
Wednesday, Sept. 14 | Exploria Stadium | 6 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (9-12-9, 36 points) vs. Orlando City SC (12-11-6, 42 points)
TV | Bally Sports Southeast
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor