Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday when it hosts FC Cincinnati at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by American Family Insurance, is set to kick off at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on MLS Season Pass, while fans can also tune in to radio calls on 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
MLS Season Pass features every match of the regular season and Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with consistent match times and no blackouts. The service also features MLS Countdown, the live pre-game show before every match, live halftime reports, MLS 360 — a fast-moving whip-around show that will provide live look-ins and analysis from all the key moments from every match, and MLS Wrap-up, the live post-game show. All matches feature commentary in English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also have French commentary. Fans in the U.S. and Canada also have the option to select their home team’s radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.
- Atlanta holds a 5-1-4 all-time record against FC Cincinnati in MLS regular season play: 3-0-2 at home, 2-0-2 on the road and 0-1-0 at neutral sites. This will be the first meeting of the season between the two sides as Atlanta later travels to TQL Stadium on Decision Day.
- Atlanta is coming off a 4-0 victory on Saturday against Nashville SC, recording its second consecutive clean sheet and climbing to within two points of second place in the Eastern Conference standings.
- After his one-goal, two-assist performance, Thiago Almada earned MLS Player of the Matchday honors for the third time this season, becoming the first player to accomplish that feat in 2023. Atlanta is the only club with five Player of the Matchday wins to its name this season.
- The MLS MVP candidate has 22 goal contributions (nine goals, 13 assists), which is tied for the most in MLS with Cincinnati’s Luciano Acosta. Almada joined Josef Martínez (three times) as the only players in club history to total at least 20 goal contributions through their first 24 games of a season. The Argentine midfielder also leads MLS in assists, already surpassing his mark of 12 from last season, and is one shy of tying the club record (14).
- Almada has recorded a league-best 76 chances created and 62 chances created from open play in 2023. His nine chances created against Nashville were the most in club history, while his four big chances created were the most in the league this year and tied the club record.
- Saba Lobjanidze scored the fourth goal in Atlanta’s victory on Saturday, becoming the seventh player in club history to score in their MLS debut.
Ozzie Alonso (leg) and Jamal Thiaré (visa) will both be unavailable.
Wednesday, August 30 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia | 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (11-7-8, 41 points) vs. FC Cincinnati (16-3-6, 54 points)
TV | MLS Season Pass
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor