In collaboration with the Pokemon Go ATL Facebook group, Atlantic Station will host its first-ever Pokemon Go Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, Aug. 27, from 2 to 6 p.m., followed by a special outdoor movie screening in Central Park of “Pokemon: The First Movie.”
“The Pokemon Go phenomenon has captured the attention of players of all ages, and Atlantic Station has been a hotspot since day one,” said Daniel Easton, director of marketing at Atlantic Station. “Our stores and restaurants are excited to get in on the action and this scavenger hunt will be a great way for everyone to get involved. We’re excited to put a twist on the popular game and host players from all over the city.”
The Scavenger Hunt will include three age brackets to allow for different levels of difficulty. Lures will be placed at all central Pokestops in and around Atlantic Station throughout the event. At the end of the event, players will gather in Central Park where officials will tally points and announce winners. While the points are tallied, guests are invited to celebrate with dinner or drinks at one of Atlantic Station’s popular restaurants. After the winners are announced, Atlantic Station will show “Pokemon: The First Movie” on the big screen in Central Park. The event is free and open to the public.
“We are thrilled to work with Atlantic Station on this new event,” said Vic Holden, one of the administrators of the Pokemon Go ATL Facebook group, which has over 5,700 members. “We think it will be a fun challenge for players of all ages, as well as a great opportunity to meet other Pokemon trainers.”
Many retailers and restaurants are participating in the scavenger hunt and several will offer special discounts and gifts with purchase for Pokemon Go players. Retailers and restaurants participating in the scavenger hunt include:
• The Athlete’s Foot: 20 percent off clothing and accessories
• Cellairis: 10 percent off entire purchase
• Dermalogica: 10 percent off all products and services
• Dillard’s: FREE cosmetic sample
• Fab’rik: 15 percent off entire purchase
• Icing: 20 percent off your in-store purchase
• Great American Cookie: Buy 3 cookies, get 3 free; Buy 1 cup of pretzel bites, get 1 free
· Kilwins: Buy any 3 apples, get a free caramel apple; Buy any 2 pieces of fudge, get one free
• The Pig & the Pearl: 10 percent off entire check; plus, any player who catches a Pikachu while at The Pig & the Pearl gets a free t-shirt
• Rosa Mexicano: Complimentary order of churros with any entrée purchase from the new Cantina Window
The event is rain or shine, though the movie screening is weather permitting. Guests are encouraged to check with Concierge for additional information, deals and promotions. Guests of all ages are welcome to participate.