Expanding on the popular podcast “Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations,” OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced today it will launch the podcast version of its Emmy-nominated series “Oprah’s Master Class” on Apple Podcasts. Each week, the podcast will feature previously aired content from the television series’ most popular interviews with the most respected and renowned actors, musicians, public figures and athletes sharing their greatest life lessons in their own words.
“The success we’ve experienced with Apple podcast and other platforms really speaks to the power of Oprah’s brand,” said Erik Logan, president, OWN. “Expanding our offering with ‘Oprah’s Master Class’ will allow the brand to provide inspirational and thought-provoking content to an even wider audience with the help of some of the most influential talent.”
The network’s first-ever podcast, “Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations,” debuted as the #1 on Apple Podcasts in August 2017 and draws nearly 1.5 million downloads a week and has been downloaded over 57 million times.
Beginning the week of July 22, a new episode of “Oprah’s Master Class” podcast will be available every Thursday. Following is the schedule of featured guests through August.
- Thursday, July 26: Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter Alicia Keys
- Thursday, August 2: Grammy Award-winning musician and actor Justin Timberlake
- Thursday, August 9: NBA champion and Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal
- Thursday, August 16: Grammy Award-winning country singer Reba McEntire
- Thursday, August 23: Television personality Steve Harvey
- Thursday, August 30: Emmy-winning actress Lynn Whitfield
Other “Oprah’s Master Class” interviews available on the podcast will include actor and activist Jane Fonda, hip-hop pioneer and actor LL Cool J, producer and television personality Simon Cowell, and actor/comedian Kevin Hart.