Atlanta United returns to action Tuesday night against Columbus Crew SC at Orlando’s ESPN Wide World of Sports complex in the club’s final match of Group E play in the MLS is Back Tournament. The match will be nationally televised on ESPN2 and TUDN at 8 p.m. ET and transmitted on Sports Radio 92.9 The Game.
- Atlanta holds an all-time record of 5-2-1 against Columbus in all competitions and a 4-2-0 record in MLS regular season play. In six league matches, Atlanta has outscored Crew SC by a total of 11-7.
- Crew SC won the most recent meeting 3-1 on Sept. 14, 2019 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- Atlanta ranks third in MLS this season in passing accuracy at 84.90 percent, one spot above Columbus at 84.28 percent.
- Pity Martínez ranks fifth in MLS in big chances created since the start of the 2019 season. The Argentine midfielder has created 18, while LAFC’s Carlos Vela leads the league with 22.
- To advance in the tournament, Atlanta needs to beat Columbus, have the New York Red Bulls-FC Cincinnati match not end in a draw and to receive favorable results from other groups to have the possibility to qualify as one of the best four third-place finishers. Columbus stands atop Group E entering Tuesday’s match and has already advanced to the knockout round.
Tuesday, July 21 | ESPN Wide World of Sports, Orlando, FL|8 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (2-2-0, 6 points) vs. Columbus Crew SC (3-0-1, 10 points)
TV | ESPN2/TUDN
English Radio | 92.9 The Game