Atlanta United will face New York City FC at Yankee Stadium Sunday in the first round of the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs. The match is set to kick off at 3 p.m. ET and will be nationally broadcast on ABC and ESPN Deportes.
- Atlanta owns an all-time record of 4-3-3 against New York City FC: 3-0-2 at home and 1-3-1 on the road in the series. The teams met twice during the regular season with New York City winning the first match 1-0 at Red Bull Arena on June 23 and the sides playing to a 1-1 draw at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Oct. 10. The clubs last met in the postseason during the 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs in which Atlanta defeated New York City 1-0 at Yankee Stadium and 3-1 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium to advance 4-1 on aggregate on the way to winning MLS Cup.
- Atlanta enters the postseason with the longest active unbeaten streak at six games, tied with Vancouver Whitecaps, while New York City is riding a five-game unbeaten run.
- Since hiring Gonzalo Pineda on Aug. 12, Atlanta has picked up the most points in MLS with 33, tied with New England Revolution, Colorado Rapids and Vancouver Whitecaps.
- Josef Martínez leads Atlanta with five career goals in the MLS Cup Playoffs. Martínez also leads Atlanta with five career goals against New York City.
- Atlanta finished the regular season with the best duel success rate at 53.86 %.
- Brad Guzan finished the regular season with the best save percentage among goalkeepers who played at least 1,000 minutes at 77.17 %.
Sunday, Nov. 21 | Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY | 3 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (13-9-12, 51 points) vs. NYCFC (14-11-9, 51 points)
TV | ABC/ESPN Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor