Atlanta United returns to action Saturday when it hosts Columbus Crew at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by American Family Insurance, is set to kick off at 7 p.m. EST and will be regionally broadcast on Bally Sports South.
- Atlanta holds a 5-5-0 all-time record against Columbus Crew: 2-2-0 at home, 3-2-0 on the road, and 0-1-0 at a neutral site. This is the first of two meetings between the clubs this season as Atlanta will visit Lower.com Field on Aug. 21.
- Atlanta is coming off a 2-2 draw at Nashville on May 21 at GEODIS Park. Thiago Almada scored for the third consecutive match across MLS and U.S. Open Cup play while Dom Dwyer scored the equalizing goal in the 88th minute for his second MLS goal of the season. Marcelino Moreno picked up his team-leading fifth assist.
- Almada tallied his third goal and third assist of the MLS season against Nashville. The Argentine midfielder became the third player in club history to record a goal and an assist in back-to-back MLS matches, joining Miguel Almirón and Ezequiel Barco. No Atlanta player has done so in three consecutive matches.
- Almada ranks tied for third in MLS in chances created from open play per match at 2.30
- Atlanta will look to extend its unbeaten streak to 14 matches at Mercedes-Benz Stadium where it has scored 14 goals in six matches this season before heading into the international break. Atlanta will host Pachuca on June 14 in the American Family Insurance Cup before returning to MLS action June 19 against Inter Miami CF at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Saturday, May 28 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA | 7 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (4-4-4, 16 points) vs. Columbus Crew (3-5-4, 13 points)
TV | Bally Sports South
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor