Atlanta United returns to Mercedes-Benz Stadium to face New York Red Bulls on Wednesday. The match, presented by Chick-fil-A, is set to kick off at 7:30 p.m. EST and will be regionally broadcast on Bally Sports Southeast.
- Atlanta holds a 1-8-4 all-time record against New York Red Bulls: 1-3-2 at home, 0-4-2 on the road, and 0-1-0 at neutral sites in the series. This is the second meeting between the two clubs this season, with Red Bulls winning 2-1 at Red Bull Arena on June 30.
- Atlanta drew its last match 2-2 against FC Cincinnati, as Andrew Gutman scored in his second-consecutive game to secure a point for the Five Stripes.
- No MLS player has been fouled more in the final third than Atlanta United midfielder Marcelino Moreno, who has been brought down 27 times in attacking areas.
- Thiago Almada recorded his third match of the season with both a goal and an assist against Cincinnati. Only two MLS players have recorded more than Almada this season, Austin FC’s Sebastián Driussi and Columbus Crew’s Lucas Zelarayán.
- Red Bulls were unable to find a breakthrough in their last match, falling 1-0 at home to Orlando City SC. New York held Orlando to only two shots but Facundo Torres’ 17th-minute strike secured three points for the visitors.
Wednesday, Aug. 17 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium | 7:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (7-9-8, 29 points) vs. New York Red Bulls (10-7-8, 37 points)
TV | Bally Sports Southeast
English Radio | 92.9 The Game, Sirius XM
Spanish Radio | La Mejor