Atlanta United returns to Mercedes-Benz Stadium to face D.C. United on Sunday. The match, presented by Publix, is set to kick off at 4 p.m. EST and will be nationally broadcast on Univision, TUDN, and Twitter.
- Atlanta holds a 7-6-0 all-time record against D.C. United: 4-1-0 at home and 3-5-0 on the road. This is the second meeting between the two clubs this season, with Atlanta winning the reverse fixture 1-0 off a stoppage-time winner from Marcelino Moreno on April 2 at Audi Field.
- Atlanta drew 2-2 to Columbus Crew in its match last Sunday at Lower.com Field. A strike from distance earned Santiago Sosa his first-ever MLS goal to open the scoring at 1-0 before Juanjo Purata leveled the scoreline at 2-2 with a header off a set piece.
- Whipping in the corner on Purata’s goal, Colombian forward Edwin Mosquera recorded his first assist with Atlanta United. The 21-year-old was also close to scoring his first goal for the club but his curled equalizer around the goalkeeper in the 71st minute was nullified by an offside flag.
- In his first start since June 19 against Inter Miami CF, Brooks Lennon was pulling the strings for Atlanta against the Crew. The defender led both teams in chances created with five and took 71 touches, tying with Thiago Almada for the team lead. Lennon is used to playing in the creative role for Atlanta against D.C., as he’s recorded a team-record four assists against Sunday’s opponent.
- D.C. is coming off a 6-0 defeat at home to Philadelphia Union, as Julián Carranza recorded a hat trick for the victors. Wayne Rooney won the team’s first match in charge 2-1 on July 31 against Orlando City SC; however, the team is on a winless streak of five games with no goals since then.
Sunday, Aug. 28 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium | 4:00 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (7-10-9, 30 points) vs. D.C. United (6-16-4, 22 points)
TV | Univision, TUDN, Twitter
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor