Atlanta United travels to Subaru Park in Chester, Pennsylvania to take on Philadelphia Union on Wednesday. The match is set to kick off at 7 p.m. EST and will be nationally broadcast on FS1 and FOX Deportes.
- Atlanta holds a 4-2-3 all-time record against Philadelphia Union in MLS regular season and playoff games: 3-0-2 at home and 1-2-1 on the road. This is the first of two meetings between the two sides this season, with Philadelphia visiting Mercedes-Benz Stadium in the reverse fixture on Sept. 17.
- Atlanta defeated D.C. United 3-2 at home in its last match, battling back from a deficit twice in the team’s first come-from-behind win of the season. The three points moved Atlanta within three points of the playoff line with seven games remaining.
- All three of Atlanta’s goals came from headers, marking the first time in club history that the team has scored three headed goals in one match. The first player on the scoresheet for the hosts was Alan Franco, his first-ever goal for Atlanta United. The Argentinian defender’s last goal came on July 12, 2017, in the Copa Sudamericana, scoring a header for his first professional goal during his time with Atlético Independiente.
- Juanjo Purata has scored three goals in his short time with Atlanta United; all three were headers and all three secured points for the club. His first came on a Thiago Almada free kick against Orlando, equalizing against the club rivals in a 1-1 draw. The next came on a corner at Columbus Crew, nodding in an Edwin Mosquera corner to level the scoreline at 2-2. On Sunday, he arrived first to a Brooks Lennon cross to the back post in the 69th minute, recording his first game-winning goal for the club.
- Philadelphia is on an imposing run of form, specifically at Subaru Park, as it is the only MLS club unbeaten at home this season. The Union has recorded two 6-0 victories in a row against D.C. United and Colorado Rapids. Hungarian midfielder Daniel Gazdag recorded his first career hat trick against Colorado, placing him in a tie for second place among MLS goal-scorers with 16.
Wed., Aug. 31 | Subaru Park, Chester, Pennsylvania | 7:00 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (8-10-9, 33 points) vs. Philadelphia Union (15-4-9, 54 points)
TV | FS1, FOX Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor