Atlanta United returns to Mercedes-Benz Stadium Saturday as it hosts the Portland Timbers. The match is set to kick off at 7:30 p.m. EST and will be broadcast on MLS Season Pass, while fans can also tune in to radio calls on 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
MLS Season Pass will feature every match of the regular season and Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with consistent match times and no blackouts. The service will also feature MLS Countdown, the live pre-game show before every match, live halftime reports, MLS 360 — a fast-moving whip-around show that will provide live look-ins and analysis from all the key moments from every match, and MLS Wrap-up, the live post-game show. All matches will feature commentary in English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also have French commentary. Fans in the U.S. and Canada will also have the option to select their home team’s radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.
- Atlanta holds a 2-1-2 all-time record against Portland: 1-0-1 at home and 1-1-1 on the road in the series. Portland won the last meeting between the teams 2-1 in 2022. The last time Portland visited Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta defeated the Timbers 2-0 in MLS Cup 2018.
- Caleb Wiley and Luiz Araújo scored the fastest two goals from kickoff (12th minute) in Atlanta’s MLS history in the club’s 3-0 win against Charlotte.
- Wiley was named MLS Player of the Matchday after recording two goals and an assist, all in the first half. At 18 years and 79 days old, the Homegrown defender became the fourth-youngest player in MLS history to produce at least three goal contributions in a half and the youngest player in club history to score two goals in a match.
- Thiago Almada leads MLS with 12 chances created, according to Pro Football Focus. The midfielder tallied five chances created against Charlotte and is one of three MLS players with at least four chances created in multiple games this season.
- Franco Ibarra leads MLS with 34 duels won.
- After defeating Sporting Kansas City in Matchday 1, Portland has dropped its last two matches at LAFC and home to expansion side St. Louis CITY FC.
Saturday, March 18 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia | 7:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (2-0-1, 7 points) vs. Portland Timbers (1-2-0, 3 points)
TV | MLS Season Pass
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor