Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday when it hosts Colorado Rapids at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by Captain Morgan, is set to kick off at 7:30 p.m. EST and will be broadcast on MLS Season Pass, while fans can also tune in to radio calls on 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
MLS Season Pass features every match of the regular season and Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with consistent match times and no blackouts. The service also features MLS Countdown, the live pre-game show before every match, live halftime reports, MLS 360 — a fast-moving whip-around show that will provide live look-ins and analysis from all the key moments from every match, and MLS Wrap-up, the live post-game show. All games feature commentary in English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also have French commentary. Fans in the U.S. and Canada also have the option to select their home team’s radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.
- Atlanta holds a 3-1-0 all-time record against Colorado in MLS regular season play: 2-0-0 at home and 1-1-0 on the road. Atlanta has won both home matches in the series 1-0, including the last meeting at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on April 27, 2019. Colorado won the most recent matchup, a 3-0 win at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on March 5, 2022.
- Atlanta has scored the most goals (20) in the Eastern Conference entering Matchday 12, trailing only St. Louis CITY SC in MLS play. Atlanta is the only team in MLS to score in every game this season.
- Thiago Almada recorded his league-leading 12th goal contribution with an assist on Saturday. Almada’s 12 goal contributions (five goals, seven assists) lead MLS and he’s tied for the league lead with seven assists. Almada also leads MLS with 33 chances created and ranks second with 10 big chances created.
- Atlanta added to its set piece goals tally against Charlotte as Juanjo Purata headed in an Almada corner kick for the seventh goal of the defender’s Atlanta career. The team leads MLS with nine goals scored off of set pieces and also leads the league with six goals from corners.
- Colorado heads into Wednesday in 10th place in the Western Conference with a 2-4-6 record. The team is coming off a 2-1 defeat at home to Philadelphia Union on Saturday. While yet to win at home this season, Colorado is 2-2-3 on the road in MLS play and will be searching for its first-ever win at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
|Ozzie Alonso||ACL recovery||Out|
|Caleb Wiley||FIFA U-20 World Cup||Out|
Wednesday, May 17 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia | 7:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (5-4-3, 18 points) vs. Colorado Rapids (2-4-6, 12 points)
TV | MLS Season Pass
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor