Atlanta United returns to action Saturday when it travels to face Chicago Fire FC at Soldier Field. The match is set to kick off at 8:30 p.m. EST and will be broadcast on MLS Season Pass, while fans can also tune in to radio calls on 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
MLS Season Pass features every match of the regular season and Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with consistent match times and no blackouts. The service also features MLS Countdown, the live pre-game show before every match, live halftime reports, MLS 360 — a fast-moving whip-around show that will provide live look-ins and analysis from all the key moments from every game, and MLS Wrap-up, the live post-game show. All matches feature commentary in English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also have French commentary. Fans in the U.S. and Canada also have the option to select their home team’s radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.
- Atlanta holds a 7-4-1 all-time record against Chicago in MLS regular season play: 6-0-0 at home and 1-4-1 on the road. Atlanta won the first meeting between the teams this season 2-1 on April 23 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium behind goals from Giorgos Giakoumakis and a Chicago own goal in second-half stoppage time.
- Atlanta leads MLS with 25 goals scored and is tied with Columbus for the most goals scored inside the box from open play this season at 19.
- Atlanta continues to lead MLS with 10 goals scored from set pieces. Three of those goals have been free kicks from Thiago Almada, who is now tied for the fifth most goals from direct free kicks in a single season since 2003 and the youngest player to do so. The top spot belongs to Sebastian Giovinco, who scored from six free kicks in 2017.
- Almada also continues to lead MLS with 13 goal contributions (six goals, seven assists).
- With his first career MLS goal against Colorado, Tyler Wolff joins his brother, Owen Wolff, and his father, Josh Wolff, as the first father-son trio of goal scorers in league history. Three Homegrown players have now scored for Atlanta in MLS play this season (Caleb Wiley, Machop Chol, Wolff).
- Atlanta registered season-highs in shots (27), shots on goal (10) and expected goals (3.85) in its 4-0 win against Colorado on Wednesday.
- Chicago heads into Matchday 14 in 13th place in the Eastern Conference with a 3-4-5 record and coming off a 2-1 defeat on the road at Charlotte FC on Wednesday.
Ozzie Alonso – ACL recovery – Out
Brad Guzan – MCL – Out
Erik López – Ankle – Out
Amar Sejdic – Calf – Out
Caleb Wiley – FIFA U-20 World Cup – Out
Saturday, May 20 | Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois | 8:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (6-4-3, 21 points) vs. Chicago Fire FC (3-4-5, 14 points)
TV | MLS Season Pass
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor