Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday when it hosts New York City FC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by Truist, is set to kick off at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on MLS Season Pass while fans can also tune in to radio calls on 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
MLS Season Pass features every match of the regular season and Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with consistent match times and no blackouts. The service also features MLS Countdown, the live pre-game show before every match, live halftime reports, MLS 360 — a fast-moving whip-around show that will provide live look-ins and analysis from all the key moments from every match, and MLS Wrap-up, the live post-game show. All matches feature commentary in English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also have French commentary. Fans in the U.S. and Canada also have the option to select their home team’s radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.
- Atlanta holds a 2-4-5 all-time record against NYCFC in MLS regular season play: 2-1-2 at home and 0-3-3 on the road. This will be the second meeting between the teams in 2023 as the two sides drew 1-1 on April 8 at Yankee Stadium.
- Atlanta is currently riding a six-match unbeaten run and coming off a 3-1 win against D.C. United before the international break. The team is 6-1-2 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium and will look to continue its good form at home against an NYCFC side searching for its first away win of the season.
- Atlanta continues to lead MLS with 12 goals from set pieces this season. Part of that success comes from the team winning 55.1% of its aerial duels, which is the second-highest rate in the league. NYCFC has conceded a league-high 11 goals from set pieces.
- With 35 goals, Atlanta has the second-highest scoring attack in MLS this season, trailing Columbus with 36. The club has scored a league-best 24 goals in the second half of matches.
- NYCFC heads into Matchday 19 in eleventh place in the Eastern Conference and coming off a 1-1 draw at home against Columbus Crew on June 17.
Luis Abram and Thiago Almada are out due to travel, Derrick Etienne Jr. and Miles Robinson are on international duty, and Giorgis Giakoumakis is suspended. Erik López (questionable) and Santiago Sosa (out) have ankle injuries.
Wednesday, June 21 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia | 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (7-4-7, 28 points) vs. New York City FC (4-7-7, 19 points)
TV | MLS Season Pass
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor