Atlanta United returns to action Saturday when it hosts Orlando City SC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by AT&T, is set to kick off at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on MLS Season Pass, FS1, and FOX Deportes, while fans can also tune in to radio calls on 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
MLS Season Pass features every match of the regular season and Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with consistent match times and no blackouts. The service also features MLS Countdown, the live pre-game show before every match, live halftime reports, MLS 360 — a fast-moving whip-around show that will provide live look-ins and analysis from all the key moments from every match, and MLS Wrap-up, the live post-game show. All matches feature commentary in English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also have French commentary. Fans in the U.S. and Canada also have the option to select their home team’s radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.
- Atlanta holds a 8-3-7 all-time record against Orlando in MLS regular season play: 3-1-4 at home and 5-2-3 on the road. This will be the second meeting between the teams in 2023 as the teams played to a 1-1 draw in Orlando on May 27.
- Atlanta is 7-1-3 at home this season and has scored at least two goals in eight of the 11 matches, including the last five, the longest streak of multi-goal regular season home matches since 2019.
- Atlanta is coming off a 2-1 loss at New England on Wednesday in which it put a season-high 11 shots on target. The team’s 11 shots on target are also a club record for an away match, while the 24 shots equaled the club’s record on the road. Thiago Almada recorded five shots on goal, which is tied for the most in club history.
- Almada created a team-high six chances on Wednesday while Derrick Etienne Jr. recorded a season-high five chances after entering the match at halftime. Almada leads MLS in big chances created with 15, defined as by Opta as prime scoring opportunities.
- Machop Chol scored his second goal of the season. Atlanta’s Homegrown players have scored a total of nine goals this season.
- Orlando enters Matchday 24 in seventh place in the Eastern Conference, one point behind Atlanta, and coming off a 4-0 loss on the road against Real Salt Lake on Saturday. It was Orlando’s second defeat in its last 12 matches and the Lions have yet to lose consecutive matches this season. Facundo Torres and Duncan McGuire lead the Lions’ attack with seven goals each on the season.
Giorgos Giakoumakis (Hamstring) and Miles Robinson (Returning from Gold Cup) are both questionable.
TV | MLS Season Pass, FS1, FOX Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor