Atlanta United continues the Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs on Tuesday when it hosts Columbus Crew at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Game 2 of its Round One Best-of-3 series. The match is set to kick-off at 7 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on MLS Season Pass, while fans can also tune-in to radio calls on 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
MLS Season Pass features every match of the regular season and Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs with consistent match times and no blackouts. The service also features MLS Countdown, the live pre-game show before every match, live halftime reports, MLS 360 — a fast-moving whip-around show that will provide live look-ins and analysis from all the key moments from every match, and MLS Wrap-up, the live post-game show. All matches feature commentary in English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also have French commentary. Fans in the U.S. and Canada also have the option to select their home team’s radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.
- Columbus won Game 1 at Lower.com Field 2-0 on Nov. 1 behind a brace from Cucho Hernández.
- Atlanta holds a 5-7-3 all-time record against Columbus in MLS regular season play: 2-4-2 at home and 3-3-1 on the road in the series. The teams faced each other twice during the regular season with Columbus winning the first meeting at Lower.com Field on March 25. The second meeting ended in a 1-1 draw at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Oct. 7.
- The match will feature the two highest scoring teams during the regular season, as Columbus and Atlanta scored 67 and 66 goals, respectively.
- It will also feature the top-two teams in MLS in terms of possession, with Columbus leading the league with 57.3% and Atlanta next with 55.9%.
- Giorgos Giakoumakis was named MLS Newcomer of the Year on Nov. 2. The Greek forward finished his first season with 17 goals and a goals per 90 mark of .85, both of which ranked second in MLS. His 17 non-penalty goals ranked tied for the most in the league with LAFC’s Denis Bouanga.
- Thiago Almada was named MLS Young Player of the Year on Monday and is a finalist for MLS MVP. Almada is available for Game 2 after missing the first game due to a red card suspension. The 22-year-old became the youngest player in league history and the third player in club history to record double-digit goals and assists in a single season.
- Atlanta has scored the most second-half goals in MLS this season with 40.
- Atlanta has averaged 2.0 big chances created per home match this season, fifth most in MLS. Almada ranks third among MLS players in chances created at home in 2023 with 54.
Tuesday, Nov. 7 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia, | 7 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (13-9-12, 51 points) vs. Columbus Crew (16-9-9, 57 points)
TV | MLS Season Pass
English Radio | 92.9 The Game, SiriusXM
Spanish Radio | La Mejor