A few quick notes regarding The BMW Championship:
- Weather: Cloudy with light to heavy rain throughout the day. A total of .96 inches of rain fell on the course up until 4 p.m. Central. High of 65. Winds S 7-12 mph.
- The final round was suspended at 10 a.m. Central due to heavy rain and resumed at 1:31 p.m. Play was suspended again at 2:28 p.m. At 4 p.m. the decision was made to suspend play for the day. Eleven groups still have not teed off and only six players have finished their round.
- The final round resumed today at 8 a.m. Central with Golf Channel providing live coverage beginning at 9 a.m. until the completion. The leaders will teed off at approximately 9:40 a.m.
A few quick stats regarding the BMW Championship:
- The BMW Championship is the third event this season with an unscheduled Monday finish (Farmers Insurance Open/fog, Arnold Palmer Invitational/thunderstorms and BMW Championship/rain). It is the most unscheduled Monday finishes since 2010 when three events were forced to Monday due to weather (Humana Challenge, Puerto Rico Open and Arnold Palmer Invitational). In 2009, four events were forced to finish on Monday.
- The BMW Championship is the 22nd event of the season that has been suspended for various reasons.
- Play on the PGA TOUR has been delayed or suspended over 50 times this season for reasons ranging from fog, lightening, thunderstorms, snow, hail, sleet, frost, darkness and high wind.
- The BMW Championship has had a suspension in six of the last nine years. Since 2005, the only years with no weather suspension was 2006, 2010 and 2011.
- All three of the FedExCup Playoffs events have had a suspension of play this season. Of the four FedExCup Playoffs events in 2012, only the BMW Championship was suspended.
Here’s a quick overview of the East Lake Golf Club. If you’ve never been before it would be good to read before you arrive ELGC . If you’re interested in attending this week’s tournament you can buy your tickets at TICKETMASTER
As the final tournament of the FedEx Cup Playoffs, this week is sure to be an exciting one! Even if you aren’t the biggest fan of golf or aren’t the most educated on the sport, this week would be THE tournament to experiment and learn. Attending a practice round or 2 will get you prepared for the excitement at the end of the week (when the tournament officially begins).
The TOUR Championship will be taking over Atlanta this entire week! So if you can’t make it down to East Lake be sure to catch the action on the Golf Channel or on NBC (Saturday & Sunday). We’ll see you on the links!