Play was suspended today at 4:17 PM during Round 3 of the TOUR Championship due to weather. The PGA released a statement:
“At 4:17 p.m., the third round of the TOUR Championship was suspended due to inclement weather in the area. At 4:45 p.m., there were two lightning strikes at East Lake Golf Club; a tree near the range/15 green/16 tee was hit, and debris from that strike injured four people.
EMT tended to those fans and two others immediately and transported them from the property via ambulance for further medical attention. Our latest report is that their injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
Due to these circumstances, the third round has been suspended for the day and play will resume on Sunday at 8 a.m. ET.
The safety of our fans, players, and partners is of the utmost importance. We will provide further updates as they become available.”
What viewers need to know
Due to the TOUR Championship third round being suspended today, GOLF Channel will air live the resumption of the third round Sunday beginning at 8 a.m. ET. Final-round coverage will air on GOLF Channel beginning at Noon ET and continuing on NBC at 1:30 p.m. ET as scheduled.
What attendees need to know
The third round of the TOUR Championship was suspended at 4:17 p.m. due to inclement weather in the area. Play was called for the day at 5:27 p.m. The third round is scheduled to resume at 8 a.m. Sunday and the final round is scheduled to be played on time starting approximately at noon.
Gates will open to spectators at 7 a.m.
All Saturday grounds tickets will be honored for Sunday
All Saturday hospitality tickets will be honored as Sunday grounds tickets
No Saturday parking pass will be accepted
All hospitality venues will open at 10 a.m. for Sunday hospitality ticketholders as previously scheduled
For ticket information, please visit TOURChampionship.com.
Gates open at 7 a.m.
The third round of play will resume at 8 a.m. on Sunday, August 25.
The pairings and tee times for the fourth round of competition will be shared here, once available.
Grounds tickets for Saturday will be honored on Sunday. All Saturday hospitality tickets will be honored as Sunday grounds tickets.
Daily grounds tickets are still available for purchase for tomorrow’s final round of competition at tourchampionship.com. As a reminder, youth 18 and under are admitted free to the tournament grounds when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
Approximately 6 p.m.
Immediately following play, the 2019 FedExCup champion will be announced and presented with the coveted FedExCup trophy live on NBC. All photographers, including those with outside-the-ropes stickers, are welcome on the green following the ceremony.
As a final reminder, public parking for the TOUR Championship is available in two new locations this year:
- Public parking is available at the Georgia World Congress Center Marshalling Yard and Yellow Lot (362 Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd) for $15 per day.
- Additional public parking is available at the City of College Park (2459 Riverdale Road, College Park, GA) for $10 per day.
- Free tournament shuttles will be provided to East Lake Golf Club and drop off at the Glenwood Gate. In addition, ADA shuttles will only be available at the Georgia World Congress Center with pick up and drop off up at the Alston Gate.
- Spectators must purchase parking for either location in advance of arrival through ParkMobile. Fans can use the ParkMobile app for iPhone and Android or reserve their spot online at ParkMobile.io. Once a parking reservation is made, it can be redeemed at the lots using a mobile pass in the ParkMobile app or with a printed permit.
- Uber is another reliable mode of transportation to the tournament. Uber riders will be dropped off at the Uber Gate, which is located just paces away from the 13th fairway and near the 17th green and 18th tee, providing quick convenient access to the back-nine drama.
- No Saturday parking passes will be accepted.
Free Public Wi-Fi
For the first time in tournament history, complimentary public Wi-Fi will be available on-site at East Lake Golf Club.
Be sure to follow the TOUR Championship on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and share your experience using #TOURChampionship.