Atlanta United returns to Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia for the final match of the regular season against New York City FC. The match, presented by Georgia Power, is set to kick off at 2:30 p.m. EST and will be regionally broadcast on Bally Sports Southeast.
- Atlanta holds a 4-4-4 all-time record against NYCFC in MLS regular season and playoff games: 3-0-2 at home and 1-4-2 on the road. This is the second meeting between the two teams this season. The two teams played to a 2-2 draw in the reverse fixture at Yankee Stadium on July 3.
- Atlanta fell 2-1 at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts in its last match against New England Revolution.
- Sunday’s match marks the final Bally Sports broadcast before Apple TV becomes the exclusive destination to watch Atlanta United and MLS matches in 2023.
- Juanjo Purata showed proficiency in the air against New England by winning all three of his aerial duels, a game-high among both teams. Despite arriving in MLS in the middle of the season, the Mexican defender is tied for the most headed goals in the league (with six).
- NYCFC is on a three-match winning streak, which began with its capture of the Campeones Cup against Atlas on Sept. 14. Since then, NYCFC has logged 2-0 and 2-1 wins against New York Red Bulls and Orlando City SC, respectively. A win on Decision Day will secure head coach Nick Cushing’s side third place in the Eastern Conference.
Sunday, Oct. 9 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia | 2:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (10-13-10, 40 points) vs. New York City FC (15-11-7, 52 points)
TV | Bally Sports Southeast
English Radio | Star 94.1
Spanish Radio | La Mejor