Atlanta United returns to action Sunday when it hosts Philadelphia Union at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by The Home Depot, is set to kick off at 4 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on MLS Season Pass, FOX, and FOX Deportes while fans can also tune in to radio calls on 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
MLS Season Pass features every match of the regular season and Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with consistent match times and no blackouts. The service also features MLS Countdown, the live pre-game show before every match, live halftime reports, MLS 360 — a fast-moving whip-around show that will provide live look-ins and analysis from all the key moments from every match, and MLS Wrap-up, the live post-game show. All matches feature commentary in English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also have French commentary. Fans in the U.S. and Canada also have the option to select their home team’s radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.
- Atlanta holds a 3-3-4 all-time record against Philadelphia in MLS regular season play: 2-0-3 at home and 1-3-1 on the road. This will be the first meeting between the teams in 2023 as Atlanta travels to Subaru Park on Oct. 4.
- Giorgos Giakoumakis and Thiago Almada were named to the MLS All-Star Team that will face Arsenal FC on July 19 at Audi Field, home of D.C. United. Giakoumakis has scored 10 goals thus far in his debut MLS season, which is tied for third in MLS. The Greek striker ranks first in the league in goals per 90 minutes at .97 (min. 500 minutes). His shot conversion rate of 32.3% ranks second in MLS among players who have taken at least 25 shots.
- Almada has recorded the second-most goal contributions (seven goals, nine assists) and most assists in MLS despite playing only 16 matches.
- Atlanta will look to capitalize on set piece opportunities, as it has scored the second-most goals from set pieces (12) and the most goals from corners (seven) in MLS.
- Philadelphia heads into Matchday 21 in fourth place in the Eastern Conference and coming off a 4-1 win at home against Inter Miami CF on June 24. The Union’s attack is led by Julian Carranza (10 goals), Daniel Gazdag (seven goals, nine assists) and Mikael Uhre (six goals), who have combined to score 23 of the team’s 34 goals this season.
Derrick Etienne Jr, Jay Fortune, and Miles Robinson are on international duty. Erik López and Santiago Sosa are questionable.
Sunday, July 2 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia | 4 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (7-5-8, 29 points) vs. Philadelphia Union (10-5-4, 34 points)
TV | MLS Season Pass, FOX, FOX Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor