After an extremely well-attended first concert at Piedmont Park last week, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra announces that it will return to Piedmont Park Saturday, September 30, at 7:30 p.m. with a free performance on Oak Hill, for the final performance this summer of its Concerts in the Park series.
William R. Langley conducts the evening’s program, featuring a selection of orchestral favorites that will be performed in the upcoming season opening at Symphony Hall in October. Those in attendance will get a sneak preview of the season that includes blockbusters by Tchaikovsky, Holst, Mozart, and more.
Attendees are encouraged to arrive early with their picnic dinners, as seating with a good view of the stage is first come, first-served. There will also be a merchandise table with ASO-branded gear for purchase, as well as food trucks with beverages to complete the picnic experience. Family-friendly activities will be hosted by the ASO Education and Community Engagement Department.
“After an incredible performance last week to a huge and enthusiastic crowd of Atlantans, we’re looking forward to returning to Piedmont Park again this fall,” said Susan Ambo, the ASO’s Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. “We love engaging with the community in such a beautiful setting for an evening of great music with people of all ages.”
Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Concerts in the Park are presented by Delta Air Lines and the Charles Loridans Foundation, Inc. Major support is provided by The Mark and Evelyn Trammell Foundation, Inc., City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs, Fulton County Arts and Culture, the Georgia Council for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Admission is free to the public and tickets are not required. Additional details and full program information are available at www.aso.org/piedmontHighlights from the 2022 Piedmont Park performance are available here.
Concert in the Park
Piedmont Park, Oak Hill (371 10th St. NE)
Saturday, September 30, 7:30 p.m.
William R. Langley, conductor
Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
Important Concert Information
- Seating with a direct view of the stage is not guaranteed. Patrons are encouraged to arrive early, as seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
- The performance will take place at Piedmont Park’s Oak Hill, located in the southwest corner of the park.
- There is limited parking at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens Parking Facility, adjacent to Piedmont Park. Patrons are encouraged to carpool, ride MARTA to Arts Center Station or Midtown Station, walk or bike to the event.
- Patrons may bring outside food and beverages into the concert area; however, grills, glass containers and outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Beer, wine and food will be available for purchase on-site.
- Pets are not permitted at this event. However, the Piedmont Park Dog Park will be open.
- In the case of inclement weather, check aso.org and ASO social media channels for updates. There is no scheduled rain date.